South Dakota Horse Art Contest!
We invited young artists from ages 10-18 to submit photos of their horse sketches and paintings. We had several entries and all of them demonstrated the amazing talent we have here in South Dakota! Thank you to all the artists and their parents for your participation!
Contest rules and guidelines:
Please read these rules before submitting your contest entries. Have fun!
- Contest runs from January 6, 2020, through 11:59pm CST on January 31, 2020.
- Contest entrants must be South Dakota residents and must be from ages 10 to 18 years of age at the time of contest entry.
- Entries must be the original work of the contest participant.
- Entries containing images of a human subject(s) must have prior permission from the subject to have their image duplicated in any form by South Dakota Horse. Photo release forms may be downloaded from this page and must be submitted at the same time as photo entries for each subject appearing in photographs.
- South Dakota Horse is not legally responsible for sharing copyrighted work, or work where the human subject(s) did not give prior permission to have their image used for the South Dakota Horse art contest.
- Photos of the art must be high-resolution images taken with a DSLR camera or high-end smartphone and at least 640 pixels on the shorter side, and no more than 2000 pixels on the longer side. Photos must be in JPEG format.
- Photo files must be named in the following format: [Last name].[First name].[Image title].jpg (i.e. Ehrman.Justin.Rideintothesunset.jpg)
- Images must be horse-related; including but not limited to horses alone, horses with riders, horses with other animals, cowboy/cowgirl, rodeo action, ranch photos, scenic South Dakota that includes horses, etc.
- By submitting photographs for consideration in the South Dakota Horse art contest, entrants agree to keep 100% ownership but allow free, royalty-free use of submitted works for marketing purposes by South Dakota Horse and its affiliates.
- The winning entry will receive a drawing and sketching set.
- All entries will be showcased on SouthDakotaHorse.com and will be considered for marketing use by South Dakota Horse; all entries used by South Dakota Horse will be credited to the owner by mention or social tagging.